Update?

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Hi Bryan,

I was considering returning to the world of XNA, and was looking around at different engines. I'm looking at SunBurn, rolling my own, Xi, and a couple of others. Are you intending to develop Xi further? Most engines seem to come and go, and I don't want to invest in disappearing tech. I might go with SunBurn, but for some reason Xi meshes with my understanding of graphics better.

Joran Omark

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I plan on returning to heavy work on the engine in a few months (or sooner). However, until I officially restart work with it (I will announce here), I can't make any promises.

Wish I could tell you with more certainty.

Cheers!

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Now I can say with greater certainty I will be back to work on the engine in 3 months.

Cheers!

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Good news! I’ll see if I can convince a couple of tiny studios down here in Bangkok to make the switch.
Thank you for your wonderful work!
Joran
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 4:25 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Update? [xigameengine:264374]

Now I can say with greater certainty I will be back to work on the engine in 3 months.

Cheers!

Coordinator
Aug 1, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I would be cautious about making any business decisions about this software until there is an actual release. Thanks for the enthusiasm, however :)

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Still, you might get a helping hand from one of them. Unless you're possessive of the code. (c:

Joran

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Help would be great. We just have to make sure that the value of the code base isn't compromised with hacks that can't be easily cleaned up. Other than that, hoorah!

Sep 19, 2011 at 11:43 AM

ooh exciting. i eagerly anticipate the continuation of this project

-bubzy